Friday, June 15, 2012

End of Week 2 and Madison Square Garden Tour

This morning I took my daily trip to Randall's island, where I am an intern for the N.Y. Sportimes. The N.Y. Sportimes is a tennis team that is part of World Team Tennis (WTT). As Matt Mascolo mentioned before (he is interning at WTT), WTT is a professional and amateur co-ed tennis league created by Billie Jean King.
         I have been working here for the past four weeks so I have become pretty accustomed to my tasks here. So far, I have made numerous spreadsheets and sponsorship packages for our national and local sponsor for our 5 big matches in July: July 10th, 13th, 18th, 19th, and 25th. I would highly encourage ALL of you to come to at least one of these matches (especially the ones on the 19th or 25th because that is when John McEnroe is playing)! I will also be working closely with hospitality and player communications in July during the matches, so I am really looking forward to that. I have been in charge of updating Twitter and Facebook for the N.Y. Sportimes, so if you have accounts on either of those social medias please follow us! We love having new followers and people to tweet the N.Y. Sportimes.

         Tonight, the MSBA students will be taking a tour of the MSG transformation center! We will also be hearing from a panel of MSG executives for a Q&A session, which should be very interesting and informative. We are all really looking forward to this.

I am looking forward to this upcoming weekend because the weather is supposed to clear up! Hopefully we will get some good weather so we can go outside and be active (maybe play some tennis or go for a run)! I am looking forward to hearing from some more fantastic speakers next week along with some more early morning workouts (hopefully next week I will be less sore than last week). So far the past two weeks at MSBA have been an incredibly enjoyable, learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment