Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 9 of MSBA 2013: Recap of Tour of Madison Square Garden


Post by David Page for June 10, 2013



Connect with David on Twitter as well as Linkedin.

Out of all of the great activities we have had thus far, I have to say the one that was especially memorable was a tour and panel that took place at Madison Square Garden. As a native New Yorker, there is not a single arena that is more iconic than MSG.

To say this arena has a special place in my heart is an understatement. This is where many of my first sports memories occurred and where my passion for this business began.
Arriving at the arena on last Friday very surreal for me.

Since I attend college at the University of Michigan, I have not been able to go to The Garden in two years. Walking into this building, I could only smile knowing that I had come back home. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the Director of Corporate Hospitality Sales and MSBA mentor, Jared Schoenfeld.

He explained to us that since MSG was going through its final phase of its renovation, we were not allowed in main part of the arena. However, in order to give us a feel what the new Madison Square Garden was going to look like, we were going to get a tour of the MSG Transformation Center. This multi-million dollar complex was built in order to highlight many of the new features that MSG would have upon its completion.
After the wonderful panel, Jared took us on a tour of the Transformation Center. To see the improvements of Madison Square Garden come to life was very cool. In addition to seeing the improvements to the actual arena itself we also got to see lifelike models of the newly built suites

Towards the end of our day, I experienced a really cool moment. As we were about to leave, I asked Jared how I should attempt to maximize my time throughout this program. He told me simply that the most important thing is to build relationships. This program is a special opportunity where I have a great chance to make some connections that could really last a lifetime; I believe that when this program is set and done, my career and my life will never be the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment